September 1, 2011

our little piece of heaven...


let me introduce you to
breaker kincade nelson
born July 19, 2011
1:23 pm
9 lb 11 oz (yah, I know!!)
22 1/2 inches


what is it about these little people that make me want 
10 more of them??
Seriously.
We have been in heaven over here in our home the last 6 weeks 
(yes he is 6 weeks already...sniff,sniff)
I kind of forgot how wonderful it is to hold a baby again.


Just a warning, this post is gonna be major picture overload.
I just can't stop taking this little guy's picture.
Poor kid.


I could bore you with the detailed birth story, but I won't.
That's really only interesting for the one who gave birth.
But I will say that I was finally induced 4 days past my due date, and it was a good thing because this kid was GINORMOUS!
(well, and also because I was a complete crazy lady by then).
Seriously, he was 2 pounds more than all my other babies.
Must have been all that good chocolate I was feedin' him!


I ended up getting the epidural this time, which by the way
was sent from heaven I tell ya.
Everything went great and my recovery has been swift.


So what can I say about this sweet babe?
He's almost always happy...
as long as he's being held
(hence the lack of blogging I've been doing).
So basically my days are spent holding and nursing him.
It's a bonus if I can get in the shower most days.

his charlie's angels pose

But I know from previous experience that these babies grow 
WAY too fast,
So I'm trying to enjoy and soak in his tiny babyness 
for as long as I can.


I had so many ideas of the cute pictures I would take of 
Breaker once he was born. 
But that is so much easier when it's not your own kid. 
He is such a light sleeper, and just like all the rest of the males in this family, hates to get his picture taken.
And the last thing I want to do when I finally get him to sleep
is strip his clothes off him and take pictures.
So I'm just lucky to get the ones that I did.


I've had quite a few people ask me where we came up with his name.
I heard the name Breaker on a show that I use to watch
and loved it instantly. 
Jimmy really wanted Jimmer, but I just couldn't do it. I told him we could name our NEXT boy Jimmer (haha)
And Kincade was my grandpa Balderson's name, 
and his mother's maiden name.
He passed away 2 months before Breaker was born, 
and before he died I told him I was naming my baby after him.


The rest of the kids are completely IN LOVE with this little guy.
They can't hug and kiss him enough.
My little Sadie is about as obsessed with Breaker as I am.
First thing every morning she comes into my room and if he's awake she'll take him and play with him so I can get some extra sleep.
It's wonderful!
She loves to change his diaper (also wonderful)
and pick out his clothes.
I don't know what I'll do now that she's in school :(







It's kind of funny how the minute the babe is placed on your chest, how quickly you forget all the pain
 and are just so intensely happy and in love with this little person that you just met.


it kind of makes everything worth it -
every contraction, every bout of morning sickness, every stretch mark (and there were a LOT this time), every miscarriage, every tear shed, every pound gained, every overdue day - 
it's all worth it when you see their face for the first time.









8 comments:

Debbie said...

Hooray! Finally an update! He is so sweet and I LOVE all the pictures. He was pretty big but I still win for biggest baby in the fam- so there. Although I'm not sure that's a prize I want to win. Cant wait to see you guys this weekend.

Bonnie Steffensen said...

Patti he is adorable! It makes me want one more, I think the feeling has past!! Enjoy 5 it is fun!

Jamey and Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH!! He is so dang cute!! What an adorable family you have.

Matt Dawson said...

Hello Patti, Congratulations on your new addition! My name is Matt Dawson and I work for an advertising agency in Toronto. We have been following your blog and all of your fantastic photography. We would like to purchase some of your photos of life on the farm. And potentially hire you to do some shoots for us. Obviously you have your hands full, but we wanted to speak with you when you have a moment or two. Please email me at mdawson@kenna.ca.

Thank you

Matt

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti, it's Jennie Harris......I came across your blog and have been blogstalking you for the last 40 minutes.......and It felt creepy, so I thought I would let you know. That way it's not as creepy. Your kids are adorable. If you go to get Maysa in the morning, and she is missing.....I stole her! What a doll. Takes after her mom. P.S. 9lbs 110z......thems bragging rights.

Baldersons said...

What a cute post, Patti. He is adorable...you got some awesome shots. We miss you guys!

Tricia said...

Patti I saw your blog on facebook and had to check it out. Your pictures and posts are amazing. You are such a talented lady i'm loving all you do.

Kaleigh and Kevin said...

Wow~ you continue to amaze me with your perfect pictures. These are so precious. Brody looked through them with me, and got super excited every time a picture of Maysa came up. Super cute post.