October 7, 2010

where to start...


I was trying to think of what I should start blogging about, now that I'm a blogger and all. Since I took close to 1500 pictures this summer (that's no joke, in fact I probably took more than that) I thought I'd better blog a bit about the summer.
So summer. We did a lot of alot. Summers are always so busy for us. But I have to say, some of my greatest moments of the summer were the horse rides up on the ridge. And they aren't just leisure horse rides, they are chasing and moving cows horse rides. I have to say that has to be one of my most favorite things to do in the whole world. I always tell jimmy that I don't need fancy vacations, just take me up to the ridge on the horses. Heaven!! I for sure married the right man for that because he is always more than happy to take me (and the kids). It's so nice now that our kids are older and can ride their own horse (well, maysa is almost old enough). They think it is the greatest thing. And jimmy's happy he doesn't have to find hired men to help him. So yah, here are some pics (by some I mean a lot) of our ridge days. 

ryder  went through a water hole on his horse and got butt-deep in the water. what a little tough nut.

Add caption

I think Trigger is the best lookin' horse I've ever met (and yes I have addressed the fact that gracie needs new wranglers)

How about that view

this picture pretty much describes jimmy to a tee. On a horse, up at the ridge, talking on his phone.

for some reason jimmy always thinks he needs to take the camera and snap a few of me
my four babies
gracie the horse whisperer
thanks for cutting off my head honey

Add caption








3 comments:

Cathy said...

Next time we come home I need you to take pics of my family. These are amazing!

Baldersons said...

Patti, are you kidding your pictures are AMAZING! I am excited you started a blog so I can keep up with what your cute fam is doing and admire your awesome photog skills!

Danny Balderson said...

Pat, your pictures are sooooo good. Wow! It helps that you have beautiful children, but your photography is great too. Good Job! From Tam (I don't have an acct. so I'm using Bay's)