April 26, 2011

28 weeks



So here's the ginormous belly at 28 weeks. Yah, I'm big. I keep reminding myself that it's because this is baby #5 or maybe because it's a boy. Everyone keeps telling me that baby #5 does this to you. I hope that is the reason and it's not due to the constant chocolate cravings I've had (I believe in eating excessive amounts of chocolate while pregnant to get the baby use to it so I don't have to avoid it when I'm nursing - works like a charm!)haha. Otherwise I'm producing a 12 pounder. But then again, I think that with every pregnancy and I've never had a baby over 8 pounds. 
I had my first "how much longer" question the other day. The guy at home depot asked me how much longer I have left (I'm sure he expected that I would say 1-2 weeks), but when I said 12 weeks, he looked super surprised. I quickly told him that it was my 5th baby and then I think he understood. I've gotten to the point where, for my sanity, I don't look at the scale when I get weighed anymore. So I have no clue how much I've gained. It's probably better that way. Anyways, all that matters I guess is that this little guy inside me is healthy and growing. 




So the pregnancy is going good, although I'm definately starting to feel it. Bending over is no longer pleasant, and either is sleeping. I have discovered the body pillow though which is heaven sent! I have surprised myself this pregnancy, that I haven't had to stop running on the treadmill. I didn't think I could last this long, so it's more of an experiment at this point to see how long I can run for. So needless to say, the running isn't pretty, nor will I be winning any awards any time soon. Sadie asked me the other day after I ran how I can still run with my huge belly. Thanks sades. I told her it's because I'm amazing. 


I'm getting really excited to meet this little babe. Because of the awesome weather that we have had this spring so far (totally being sarcastic of course), my projects have gotten pushed back so the next 2 months will be very full of projects to get ready for the baby. The kids also start soccer, baseball, and softball next week so life will be crazy. You'd think that by baby #5, that it wouldn't be as exciting, but I think it seriously gets more exciting with each kid. Maybe it's because I kind of know what to expect, and maybe also because I'm so excited to see the older kids with the new baby, after all it's been 4 years since we've had one in our house. Maysa is gonna be in heaven!! 



1 comment:

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

Patti, you look amazing! I love reading your blog, I agree with your chocolate philosophy!